Friday, May 9, 2008

Surrender to Simplify

The segment intending process was a good first step. It got me through a crucial step that needed to be completed on  a project I'm working on. Looking at it a week later, I've come to the awareness that part of the challenge is I simply have too many distractions vying for my attention. I'm ready to wave the white flag of surrender and admit that I can't do it all. At least, not all at once. In an attempt to simplify, I've unsubscribed to a handful of mailing lists and put aside a shopping bag full of books that were taking up mental and physical space.  If  we whittle down those things that are really soul-expanding and delicious, what might life be like then? 

Adding to my best practice list: Keep it simple, more is not necessarily better. Before taking on one more book, client, project, ask: is this how I want to spend my time now?

No comments: